Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Birth of Spring

Spring has arrived in all it's glory, with peeping frogs, blooming Snow Crocus and a 70 degree reading on the thermometer. This is the earliest showing I can ever remember and, according to my records, the frogs are a month earlier than last year. The Crocus are also 3 weeks early and yesterday I actually saw Blackflies too, which normally appear on the first of May....Unfortunately the Maple sap ran early this year and I don't believe the syrup makers had a chance to gather the needed volume of sap here in the neighborhood. So the year will be a little less sweet. Perhaps the honey flow will make up for the loss.

Forgive me for being so slack in keeping in touch. I could blame the birthday trip to Mayland where I flew to celebrate with my twin, the bathroom being torn apart and repainted or even the extra work and effort required by the 3 new Cockatiels.

I am trying to make a habit of writing in this way but I'm just too wedded to the paper and pen thing. It must be from some past life - I think I was once a scribe, for the feel of pen to paper and a well rounded perfect script thrills me to my bones. And the fact that I can be typing along, miss a key and ... poof... what I have just spent 45 minutes typing is gone in a blink. Don't ask me why or how or who... for I only know that this has happened twice just now while writing this. First the whole thing was lost and now only half was deleted... I will try to finish here without loosing it again.

The last I was allowed to peek into the bird's nesting box, there were six eggs. I know that seems like alot, but they may not all hatch. Please don't tell Jeff. No point in upsetting him as he has his own things to deal with.

So Happy Spring from Windsong Way. May your flowers bloom bright and lovely and the Spring bring you love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment