Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year and Old Fear


I want to look forward to this new year. I really do. The possibilities are all there. I know I control my destiny. I can change my life, change the world, change my habits. I can do it - but as I watch the years unfold, I'm less inclined to waste my precious energy.

Now my plans must start with the state of my health (and my loved ones) and then go from there. I can plan to do six things in a day, but I know my body won't let me accomplish them all. So I plan for 3 things and do the most important thing first.... just in case.

The uncertainty of our times hangs over my head too. The economy, the environment (birds and fish are dying! and there are only vague excuses), the instability of our society, all fills me with fear. How do I plan for this in my nice new calender?

I've been sick with a sore throat for over 2 weeks now. My stomach is upset and I feel dizzy. And I'm outside a lot. Is there a bird flu? An allergy to my lovely chickens? Has the government experimented on us all with chem trail chemicals?

I'm not used to feeling so ill and I don't think the amoxicillin is helping.... With the first of the year, my insurance policy turns over, so now the deducible has to paid with any tests to be done.

How do I budget for these little health blips? And our new governor, Paul LePage, has promised to get rid of our health insurance... How do I plan for what will happen for the hubby's foot surgery later this year?

Happy New Year to you and yours. May your year be full and fruitful, healthy and full of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment