Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Vacation

The last day of school has come and gone and summer has officially arrived. The days begin to grow shorter now and the light will fade as the wheel turns towards the Winter Solstice, on December 21. Time seems to go faster these last few years and I don't know if it's actually me or if in fact, time is really speeding up. I don't suppose we would know if time went faster, as everything according to time is relative. I'll have to spend some time thinking about that...

The chicks are growing and learning to look forward to my voice and the little worms they so love. How they run and cheep and fight over the little wiggly critters! I wish I loved my food that much, though I would not be much fun to eat with at elegant restaurants.

My 5 year old neighbor, Page is spending the day with me and another 5 year old is visiting too. I forget how boys are so much louder and rougher than girls. We've played with the cats, the dogs, the fish, the cockatiels and the chicks.

Then we explored the pond and petted the bull frogs. The frogs actually were patient and let their backs be stroked. We saw huge tadpoles that must be bull frogs too. I have never seen such large tadpoles before in this pond. I thought there weren't any this year, but they are just good at disguising themselves. We saw little salamander nymphs and watched the dragon flies catch mosquitos. How can I bottle this feeling and take it out and play with it whenever I feel too self important?

The children are now full of strawberry cake and whipped cream, so it may be time for another walk.
I'll breath deep and soak up the sun as I remember to smile and thank The Mother for her blessings and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment